09 April 2008

it's getting hot in herre.

That's right! Hong Kong is now the tropical, icky-weathered place I imagined it to be. I'm just glad it took this long for the little country to realize it was off in temperature. I have made use of my air conditioning and it is amazing. One aspect of my res hall that is not so amazing is that there is a cheese thief on the loose that I have dubbed "cheese monster." I wonder what CM's motivation is...hunger, lack of resources to buy own cheese, pure evil...? Joce and I are trying to figure out a trap for said thief. :)

You know how I was feeling so down lately? Well I might not have expressed the feeling quite so explicitly in my blog, but really, I wasn't feeling too hot for a myriad of reasons. But after doing pretty well on a midterm, getting time to myself, working out and doing a little retail therapy, I feel a bit better. I even painted my nails all gold and glittery, something I have found to be very HK. The only problem with gold, glittery nails is that that gold glitter is a bitch to get off. Since I want to paint my nails with silver glitter tonight, I'll leave it on until I get a manicure (I'm treating Betty for her birthday) and then make the manicurist take it off. Bahaha. Take that.

Anyway, I've been thinking about life. It's too big of a topic for me to normally tackle but I feel like I should make some changes in my life to optimize...my existence I guess. Ha. That sounds odd. I am too hard on myself and too easy on other people, mainly those of the opposite sex. I'd like to change that.
What's more is...
I'm starving for home.
I am starting to eat better, which is a somewhat difficult feat in oily, msg-infested Hong Kong.
I love to work out, I'm doing interval training now (per Jeremy).
I want to learn Chinese so bad.
I want to go somewhere...sitting in Hong Kong is boring me a bit.
I love economics and learning about development...I should study that more.
I also should study more, so I am going to go do that.

But anyway, relationships and issues in dealing with them are what's on my mind lately. I don't know where to go, how to go, or if I want to go...from here.

No comments: