26 April 2008

minnesota, hail to thee.

so it's been quite some time (two weeks) since i've written. i guess i've been busy with life!

yoga has been becoming a bigger and bigger part of my life and i am grateful for it. i've discovered that it's my coping mechanism. when my long-term relationship ended last year that's when i first discovered yoga and it healed me for the time being. then i got better and fell out of the yoga loop and only went once in the winter. but since being in hong kong, ive gone about 10 times and each time is a new experience. i gain strength and peace of mind and learn more and more from each teacher. it's the one chance i get to have a quiet mind in this fast-paced stressing environment. it's my escape.

but it only goes so far.

i still have so much here that is on my mind and that im letting drag me down. im longing to go home, but at the same time trying to enjoy the remainder of my time here. i love some of my friends here, but i really want to be with my friends at home. and some people here don't treat me right. they just don't and i'm beginning to finally realize that i deserve more than that. it's interesting how before you pay attention to someone, they strive for it and work so hard to get you to notice them and want to spend time with you all of the time. then you give them an inch and it's over. but it's all so temporary here anyway.

i just need to get back home and get back into the minnesota swing of things.

honestly, i miss mn so much.

No comments: